Wednesday, May 10, 2006

making contact

I should have some access to email while in Madagascar. If not, there is always snail mail.

During training, June 15th until mid-September, you can reach me by writing letters/sending packages to:

Elaine Wacuka Hurt, PCT
Bureau du Corps de la Paix
B.P. 120891
Post Zoom Ankorondrano
Antananarivo 101
Madagascar
South East Africa

- Please write "Air Mail via Paris" at the bottom of the address.
- Mail can take 1 to 2 months to arrive, so don't be alarmed if you don't receive a response from me right away.
- Please DATE and NUMBER your messages, so that I know what order they go in and can tell if some are missing.
- Use padded envelopes whenever possible [esp. for sending things like books, dvds, cds, teaching materials, magazines (Vogue, People, True Love, etc), pictures,vitamins or my favorite snacks]. I'm told these tend to be taxed less heavily and may travel faster.

OR

Send things via DHL if you need to get something to me fast or if the item is sensitive.

My DHL address is
Elaine Wacuka Hurt, PCT
c/o U. S. Peace Corps Madagascar
Villa Les Lierres
Lot IIk 76, Bonnet Invandry
Antananarivo
Madagascar
South East Africa

You will need to include the Peace Corps/Madagascar phone number: 261-20-224-3820.

After September though, I have no clue where I will be posted. But no worries, just keep watching this space.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elaine! Wait are you gone yet? I'm such a retard with a bad memory...have you landed already, have you seen any hissing cockroaches? Don't hiss at them back! I hear it makes them angry...either that or they use hissing as a mating call... Either way it would mean bad news for you! I miss you tons already:) Costa Rica was awesome! I had so much fun, Kristian is crazy, we rented a car had a road trip and saw a lot of the costa rican country side as Kristian swore he was a speed demon doing 100 kilometers per hour...not the same as miles per hour, kilometers per hour are definitely slower than miles per hour LOL! But you still get a ticket for doing 100 anything whether its miles or kilometers...which Kristian definitley got...and didnt pay for I think that by now there is a warrant out for his arrest! LOL Just kidding...not about the ticket, just about the warrant. We got to stay at my friend's house who by the way has a FAT house ahem plantation in Costa Rica! I knew she lived in a good part of town, but I mean come on! She has groves of mango and lime trees, a pool, a tennis court where her parents host annual tennis matches to raise money for MS research, a jacuzzi, a sana, a massage room, a house for days with the maid's apartment attached to the back of the house, and security that lets you into her front gates! Kristian and I chilled on the beaches, chilled in jacuzzis at this resort we went to, and just had a blast! Well, let me know how everything is going and whether you cried like a baby or not when you got your vaccinations.
~Te quiero,
hasta pronto ;)

Anonymous said...

Hie, did not hear from you yesterday, I know you are well and trying to adjust, but try and keep in touch. Love Mum

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby Girl,

I know you're probably really busy but hit me back when you can I want to hear all about how its going so far:) I'll be eagerly awaiting your reply!

~Besos

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry...I didnt put my name in there, LOL! That last comment was from me:)

Anonymous said...

HEY IT'S LEAH. I WAS TRYING TO MAKE PHONE CONTACT WITH YOU...I MISS YOU AND I REALLY WANT TO TALK TO YOU IT IS IMPORTANT!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be a part of who you will become!". We miss you tones especially when we cannot reach you on phone. Take care and be strong especially for me. Love Mum