Thursday, May 04, 2006

finally


I am nearing my June 11 departure date - the beginning of my nail biting adventure. Not too long now, I will be meeting up with my fellow trainees in Philadelphia, for vaccinations and general formalities before departing for the Great Red Island on June 13. In Madagascar, we'll begin three lovely months of intense cultural, technical and language training, during which I'll live with a host family. Most of our days will be filled with language and survival training, no doubt in Malagasy and not so much French. After those (hopefully not as grueling as I have heard) 3 months of training we will be sworn in as Peace Corps Volunteers, receive our assignments and anxiously begin a two-year commitment somewhere in the country. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a beach assignment. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hie, i hope madagascar is good and you will love it there